Well known Donegal restaurant destroyed by fire

A well known restaurant outside Killybegs has been severely damaged by a fire in the early hours of this morning.

The owners of Kitty Kellys confirmed the blaze broke out at around 6am and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

They've described the fire as devastating.

They have paid tribute to the person who raised the alarm this morning as well as the emergency services who attended the scene.

No one was injured in the fire.