Snow and ice remains a danger on the roads this morning - with road users urged to take extra care.
A status orange warning remains in place for Donegal until this evening.
Below is a list of updates regarding road conditions this morning, it will be updated regularly so keep refreshing this page:
- Gardaí urging motorists to exercise caution on the N13 Ballybofey/Letterkenny Rd, especially between Stranorlar and Drumkeen, due to slippery conditions.
- Reports of slippery road conditions on the Meenaroy side of Glenties.
- Reports of treacherous conditions on Ramelton/Milford Rd (R245) due to sleet and slush. Gardai advising road users to avoid Ramelton town itself if possible.
- Heavy traffic into Letterkenny on the Ramelton Rd (R245) due to stop/go system at Loughnagin for works.
- Legnahoorey outside Letterkenny to Buncrana & Caution needed. Roads OK from Burnfoot to Buncrana. took 20mins extra
- Back of errigal road is very bad with heavy laying snow
- Snow and ice along the N15 at McGrory's Brae & also through Barnsmore Gap. Passable with extreme care.
- Roads are treacherous in and around Rathmullen.
- Kilmacrennan to Letterkenny road covered with snow.
- Significant accumulations of snow on the Muff road with traffic moving slowly.
- Dungloe to Donegal road treacherous.
- Road from Castlefinn to Derry passable with care.
- Reports that the Convoy to Ballybofey road has not been gritted with motorists urged to take care.
- Motorists are advised that Ballagh Rd outside Clogher is currently closed due to a lorry blocking road. The road is expected to remain closed for several hours. Local diversions are in place.
School Closures Friday 8th December
Sessiaghoneill School, Ballybofey
Trentagh National School