Toddler critically injured by Paw Patrol bath foam

A toddler has been hospitalised after a canister of bath foam branded with the name of popular children's television show "Paw Patrol" exploded while he was being bathed.

The three year old is said to be in a critical condition, having sustained injuries both externally and internally, and is understood to be in an induced coma.

Nickelodeon, the children's television channel who own the Paw Patrol brand are investigating the incident.

Former Mayor of Derry Pat Ramsey has called for the product to be removed from shelves, particularly in the run up to the Christmas period.