Ireland is on red alert following a severe weather warning from Met Eireann.
Storm Ophelia is expected to bring violent and destructive gusts right across the country.
Met Eireann Meteorologist Evelyn Cusack explains how Ophelia is expected to track inland from the coast tomorrow morning:
All schools and colleges will be closed on Monday
The Donegal ETB has provided a list of closures under its control:
Donegal ETB Schools:
1. Abbey Vocational School, Donegal Town
2. Colaiste Ailigh, Letterkenny
3. Colaiste Chineal Eoghain, Buncrana
4. Colaiste na Carraige, Carrick
5. Colaíste Phobail Cholmcille, Tory Island
6. Crana College, Buncrana
7. Deele College, Raphoe
8. Errigal College, Letterkenny
9. Finn Valley College, Stranorlar
10. Gairmscoil Chu Uladh, Ballinamore
11. Gairmscoil MhicDiarmada, Arranmore Island
12. Magh Ene College, Bundoran
13. Moville Community College
14. Mulroy College, Milford
15. St Catherine’s Vocational School, Killybegs
Donegal ETB Further Education and Training (FET) centres and crèches:
1. Adult Education & Training Centre, Ballyshannon
2. Adult Education & Training Centre, Buncrana
3. Adult Education & Training Centre, Donegal Town
4. Adult Education & Training Centre, Gortahork
5. Adult Education & Training Centre, Letterkenny
6. Adult Education & Training Centre, Milford
7. ETB Training Centre, Letterkenny (Ballyraine)
8. ETB Training Centre, Gweedore
9. Finn Valley Centre for Education, Stranorlar
10. Youthreach Centre, Buncrana
11. Youthreach Centre, Glengad
12. Youthreach Centre, Letterkenny
13. Youthreach Centre, Lifford
14. Ard Scoil na gCeithre Máistir
15. ETB crèches in Buncrana, Gortahork, Letterkenny and Milford
Bus Éireann will not operate any of its nationwide services – including the Expressway network – from 0500 hours to 1400 tomorrow (October 16th) due to a national red weather alert.
The company says it will reviews the situation in the morning, and will attempt to provide some level of service in some parts of the country in the afternoon, but it is likely widespread disruption could continue for most of the day.
SITT Local Link Donegal say that Due to the Red weather warning issued we are cancelling ALL Locallink/Rural Transport Services tomorrow Monday 16th October.
The Government says that in the interest of customer and staff safety, all Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection offices will close tomorrow.
Customers who have appointments tomorrow will be contacted directly by Dept. staff from Tuesday onwards to reschedule their appointment.
No payments will be affected due to appointments being cancelled tomorrow. Updates will issue to media and on Twitter throughout the day.
Due to public safety concerns the RSA is advising that Driver Theory Test, Driving Test, National Driver Licensing (NDLS) Centres will remain closed tomorrow Monday 16th October.
The RSA apologises for any inconvenience caused but the decision has been made in the interests of public safety. Updates are available from the following link http://www.rsa.ie/Utility/News/Alerts/Disruption-to-Driving-Test-Centres/
Due to the weather warnings issued by Met Eireann directly related to storm Ophelia, all outpatient appointments in Sligo University Hospital and Letterkenny University Hospitalare cancelled for Monday 16th October. Patients are advised not to travel to the hospitals unless absolutely necessary. We will be in contact with this group of patients to reschedule their appointment as quickly as possible.
The Emergency Departments remain open 24/7 and the Acute Assessment Units in both hospitals will be operational.
Elsewhere...Comhaltas Music classes in Gortahork are cancelled due to weather conditions.
Jigsaw Donegal will be closed Monday due to adverse weather conditions. Young people with appointments will be contacted with a rescheduled appointment.
Due to the imminent Storm Ophelia, and the advice by Met Éireann, all local RehabCare resource centres, Rehab Enterprises sites, and National Learning Network centres will be closed tomorrow (Monday, October 16th).
People who use our services should not travel to centres tomorrow. All centres are closed in every county.
North West Regional College
All classes at North West Regional College campuses are cancelled today (Monday 16 October). The College buildings will remain open. All Classes will recommence Tuesday, October 17.