Minister Joe McHugh has announced that 18 schools within Donegal are to be added to the School Meals Programme as part of €1.5million in funding announced by the Department of Social Protection.
Minister Leo Varadkar has written to non- DEIS schools in the county that are at a level of disadvantage, inviting them to join the scheme from September this year.
The closing date for applications is May 12.
Schools invited to join the programme include:
· Comhscoil Chonmha S N, Convoy
· S N Leitir Mhic An Bhaird, Lettermacaward
· Drumfad NS, Ballynashanagh, Fanad
· St Oran’s NS, Cockhill, Buncrana
· S N Gort An Choirce, Gortahork
· S N Naomh Samhthann, Dromdoit, Castlefin
· Schoil Cholmcille, Boys School, Letterkenny
· S N Donaigh, Carndonagh
· Killaghtee NS, Killaghtee, Dunkineely
· Scoil Mhuire B&C, Stranorlar
· Holy Family NS, Ballyshannon
· Gaelscoil Eirne, Ballyshannon
· Scoil Chróine, Dungloe
· St Columba’s College, Stranorlar
· St Catherine’s Vocational School, Killybegs
· Gaelcholáiste Chineál Eoghain, Buncrana
· St Columba’s Comprehensive, Glenties
· Coláiste Cholmcille, Ballyshannon
Minister McHugh says schools are obviously welcoming this announcement: