Donegal Mother whose son died from taking ‘legal high’ hits out at British Government for postponing drug banning legislation

jimmyg2

 

The Letterkenny based mother of a young man who died after taking a so called legal high in Britain has hit out at news that legislation controlling Psychoactive Substances has been shelved indefinitely.

Karen Vandersypen's son Jimmy died suddenly after taking a synthetic cannabis product purchased in a ‘Headshop’ in Kent in October of 2013.

Since then Karen has campaigned against the sale of Psychoactive Substances and launched a Legal Highs Awareness and Prevention campaign in 2014.

The Psychoactive Substances Act, which was due to be introduced in the UK in April has been postponed indefinitely.

Karen Vandersypen says she disgusted that other parents will have to go through what she has: