The fire service in Derry is continuing to monitor the scene of a fire at Gillilands Wood Chip storage facility on the Culmore Road.
The blaze broke out early yesterday morning, and was brought under control by the fire service. However, the nature of the materials stored in the shed meant that it continued to smoulder long after the fire was under control.
The fire did flare up again overnight, and this morning, police issued a statement urging people in the Culmore Road and Thornhill College areas of to keep their windows and doors closed as a precaution due to smoke and fumes coming from the site.
Local Councillor Angela Dobbins says the Fire Service must be praised........