The Road Safety Authority (RSA), is asking road users to exercise caution while using the roads, as Met Éireann have issued an Orange weather warning For Donegal until tomorrow night.
Southerly winds veering southwest of mean speeds of 60 to 65km/h gusting 100 to 110km/h expected, with stronger winds of mean speeds of 65 to 80km/h with gusts of 120km/h at times between 1600 and 2100hrs.
The RSA is asking road users to take extra care in these strong winds and have issued the following advice:
- Beware of objects being blown out onto the road. Expect the unexpected. Watch out for falling/fallen debris on the road and vehicles veering across the road
- Control of a vehicle may be affected by strong cross winds. High sided vehicles and motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to strong winds
- Allow extra space between you and vulnerable road users such as cyclists and motorcyclists
- Drive with dipped headlights at all times
- Monitor radio weather broadcasts while travelling