Ulster Council release statement on Tyrone Donegal alleged sledging report

Ulster GAA

 

The Ulster Council have released a statement this afternoon responding to an online report from Tuesday night where teamtalkmag.com said the Tyrone minor players, management and coaches had been exonerated on the allegations surrounding the alleged treatment of a Donegal player during the Ulster Championship game in Ballybofey on the 17th May.

The short statement outlined the investigation process and said the outcome which was agreed by all parties to be confidential, will remain so, but added the recent media reports where not an accurate reflection of the findings.

The Donegal County Board released a statement last night strongly refuting the report by the website.

The Ulster Council statement in full…

“Following a request from the Tyrone County Committee, Ulster GAA through its CCC established an Investigation Committee in May 2015 which met on seven occasions over a four month period to review evidence and witness statements alongside conducting a range of interviews with the relevant parties.

At a meeting on Wednesday 23rd September the Committee reviewed its findings with both Tyrone and Donegal and the concluding report was agreed by all parties. The Committee agreed with both County Committees that the findings will remain confidential. We would also highlight that recent media reports regarding the investigation do not accurately reflect the findings of the Committee.

All parties were satisfied that this matter was resolved and there will be no further comment from Ulster GAA”.