Fire services attend fire in Waterfoot Hotel in Derry

fire

 

Emergency services attended the scene of a fire in the Waterfoot Hotel Derry. 

The fire broke out earlier this afternoon.

It's believed the fire broke out in the laundry room of the hotel through a tumble dryer appliance.

Fire fighters managed to contain the fire to that area of the hotel.

No injuries have been reported.

However,  all staff and patrons who were dining out for First Holy Communions and a funeral  had to be evacuated from the building.

SDLP Councillor Martin Reilly who was at the scene says there was no visible sign of smoke  so hopefully the hotel will re-open as soon as possible: