Former Letterkenny Town Cllrs home damaged in house fire

victor fisherA former Letterkenny Mayor is in a state of shock today after a fire at his home.

Former Cllr Victor Fishers house was significantly damaged last night.

Three fire appliances were called to the house in Kiltoy at around 6pm yesterday. The former Town Cllr and his wife were uninjured.

The fire started when a stove caught fire and a number of rooms were damaged.

There was also structural damage to part of the home.

Chief Fire Officer Joseph McTaggaet says the couple had a lucky escape: