Donegal man who many have died from ebola named

Ebola-suspect-picThe HSE is awaiting the results of tests carried out on the body of a Donegal man at the centre of a major Ebola scare.

43-year-old Dessie Quinn from Mountcharles was found dead yesterday morning - having recently returned from West Africa.

Mr Quinn returned home from working in Sierra Leone two weeks ago, and people close to the man say he had been in good form and he had attended the All-Ireland Quarter Final between Donegal and Armagh on August 10.

Mr Quinn has also attended a local festival in the town recently.

He had been treated for malaria before he passed away.

His remains have been kept in isolation - and the HSE says the risk of any virus spreading is "extremely low".

This scare materialised early yesterday morning when the HSE was made aware of the body of a man - who had recently returned from Ebola-afflicted Sierra Leone.

The body of Dessie Quinn from Mountcharles, in Donegal was quickly moved to isolation as tests began to establish whether or not he was killed by the Ebola virus.

The results of those tests are due later today.

If the case is confirmed today, then an established Government Task Force is expected to meet to discuss the situation.

Speaking in Letterkenny, these people said that they are shocked that there is a suspected case in Donegal: