Management in Letterkenny General Hospital are advising that there are a number of cases of diarrhoea on the Orthopaedic ward at the moment.
Visitors who have symptoms should not visit the ward.
Also, children should not be brought to the hospital to visit unless absolutely necessary.
The HSE has issued this advice for Visitors:
· Visiting Hours are strictly from 2pm to 4pm and from 6.30pm to 8.30pm;
· People who are unwell or have vomiting or diarrhoea, or have had vomiting or diarrhoea in the last two days, should not visit the hospital;
· Children should not be brought to the hospital to visit unless absolutely necessary;
· Visitors should refrain from moving from one section of the hospital to another;
· Visitors should wash their hands thoroughly before entering or leaving the inpatient area, or after a visit to the toilet; and
· People who have symptoms such as ‘upset tummy’ should not attend the hospital but contact their GP in the first instance if they have serious concerns.