A 40-year-old Derry man who is awaiting sentence after being convicted of indecent assault was back in court last evening charged with threatening the woman in the case.
The man who cannot be named for legal reasons was charged with making threats against the woman and threatening to damage her property on Saturday night last.
He was remanded in custody.
Derry Magistrate's Court heard today that the man is due for sentence in September after being convicted of indecent assault last month.
The court was told that the injured party in that case contacted police to say that the man was outside her home shouting and threatening to burn her out of her home.
When interviewed the man denied the alleged the offences.
Defence solicitor Mr. Keith Kyle told the court that his client would be denying all the allegations. He said he was at a party in the area but would claim that he did not approach the woman.
He asked that the man be released on bail with conditions applied.
However, District Judge Barney McElholm said that he did not believe any conditions would work.
He said it was an extremely serious case and there was a risk of further offending and of interference with witnesses.
He remanded the man in custody to appear by videoilink on July 28.