Donegal North East Deputy Pádraig Mac Lochlainn has called on the Minister for Health, James Reilly, to intervene in the debacle over the extension to Letterkenny General Hospital.
He said todays news of outpatient clinics being cancelled and patients on trolleys as totally unacceptable.
He also called on the HSE to wrap up the legal wrangling over the completion of the Hospital extension and ensure that those sub-contractors owed money due to the collapse of McNamara builders are fully compensated.
On Friday, Letterkenny General Hospital Manager, Shaun Murphy, said it could be next year before the extension finally opens. It had been hoped that it would open in February this year.
Deputy McLaughlin told Highland Radio News this morning, that legal wranglings shouldn't be allowed to stop the new extension at Letterkenny General from opening: