Fire at Glenties GAA club causes “minimal” damage

A small amount of damage has been done to changing facilities at Naomh Conaill GAA club in Glenties following a fire last night. It's understood the fire broke out in a boiler room, and was noticed by members who were attending a meeting.

Gardai say they are aware of the fire, but do not believe it was started deliberately.

There were no injuries.

A club spokesperson has indicated that damage to the facilities was minimal, and no weekend fixtures will be affected. The Glenties senior football team are the current County Champions, and also hold the league title.