8-year-old boy dies after choking

An eight-year-old boy has died following an asthma attack triggered by a choking incident.

Hugh Simpson-Callaghan from County Donegal died on Monday after the accident at his home in Gleneely.

He was rushed to a medical centre but could not be resuscitated.

Local councillor Charlie McConalogue said the whole community was in shock at Hugh's death, and sent his sympathies to his family:

[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/charli1.mp3[/podcast]