Donegal's Chief Fire Officer has rejected suggestions that low water pressure hindered the tackling of a major blaze in Raphoe last evening.
A number of families had a lucky escape when a house-fire in St Eunan's Terrace sent smoke passing through their shared attic space – almost choking them.
One man was rescued by passers-by after the blaze broke out in his home at St.Eunan’s Terrace around 5pm.
It is claimed there was uproar among residents when firefighters were hampered by a lack of water pressure in the area.
However Fire Officer, Bobby McMenamim, says there was no unique issue with water pressure and proper procedure was followed: