A pair of mating frogs sent sparks flying in an electrical fuse box and left part of Letterkenny electricity at the weekend.
Residents and business owners in the Tullygay are found themselves powerless for two hours on Sunday, for no obvious reason.
Rage turned to bemusement on Sunday when the 'culprits' for causing the power cut, turned out to be a pair of frogs, whose unfortunate choice of location to mate was a power box outside a filling station.
ESB engineers who investigated the problem, found the electrocuted frogs and a slug inside the power box outside Keys's Filling Station in the Tullygay area.
Station owner Kelvin Keys, who had to turn away customers because the petrol pumps could not work.
He added that while it seemed funny, he had lost business for the two-hour duration the power was out.
A spokesperson for the ESB confirmed yesterday that a single-phase low-voltage fault was reported in the area, which resulted in a two-hour power outage.