Evidence concludes in sexual; assault trial

The partner of a Donegal man accused of sexually assaulting three young girls has denied she ever walked into their daughters room and found him him standing over the bed with his privates exposed.

The 44-year-old Donegal man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has pleaded not guilty to three counts of sexually assaulting three 13-year-old girls on separate date between February 2006 and January 2007.

The accused's partner told the defence that she had walked home the first complainent who had been babysitting on the night of one of the alleged incidents and that the girl did not sleep over at their house that night.

A neighbour of the accused said she recalled seeing the accused mans partner and the baby-sittere walking from the house at about 230am on the night of the birthday celebrations and going down a lane-way.

She denied that she had come into her daughters bedroom on a night a second complainent was staying over and found her partner standing there with his flies down.

And she said the accused had been away visiting friends on the night that a third complainent claimed she was sexually assaulted.

The jury have heard closing speechs from prosecuting and defence counsel, and they will retire to consider their verdict on Monday morning.