Mica households may be asked to pay 10% of redress costs

It’s expected that a Mica redress scheme will be confirmed by cabinet this evening, with speculation that affected householders will be asked to meet 10% of the cost, and the government will provide the remaining 90%.

The long awaited scheme was first promised in October of last year following the delayed publication of a report by the working group established by the government.